Couples Therapy isn’t Just for Marriages
Most people think that couples therapy is designed to help married couples stay together. This is a huge misconception! Couples therapy is for any couple at any stage of courtship that needs guidance. There are many benefits for dating couples to attend counseling. Married couples aren’t the only pairs that need a boost of help from professional counseling. Below are just some of the questions you might have in your current dating relationship:
- Is this a person I want to marry?
- Is this a person I can trust?
- Do we want the same things in our lives?
- Can we move forward after a problem or betrayal?
- How can I be a better partner for my boyfriend or girlfriend?
- How can I trust my partner again?
- Is my partner harming me physically, emotionally, or spiritually?
- Is my partner straining my relationship with my children or family?
- Can he/she be a good parent for my child/children?
Dating couples can benefit just as much from couples therapy as married couples can. It can be very challenging to open up a line of difficult dialogue with your partner. Also, you may have a partner who seems unable or unwilling to share his or her feelings at all, leaving you in the dark about where you stand together as a couple.
If you think you need couples therapy, please contact us. Our team is made up of professionals who want to help you feel safe, secure, and happy in your relationship. We don’t consider it a warning sign that dating couples attend couples therapy. Instead, we see it as two people who care enough about one another to make improvements in their dating relationship.